Are you tired of serving the same old boring drinks at your parties? Well, look no further! We will unveil the top 10 party drinks that are sure to make your gatherings unforgettable.
When it comes to hosting a great party, the beverages you serve play a crucial role in setting the mood and creating a vibrant atmosphere. Gone are the days when simple beer or wine would suffice. Nowadays, party-goers expect something more unique, more adventurous, and more Instagram-worthy. And that’s where our curated list of top 10 party drinks comes into play. From vibrant and fruity concoctions to bold and daring mixtures, our list covers a wide range of flavours to cater to everyone’s taste buds.
I am having a summer party. What party drinks should I serve?
Summer parties are all about refreshing and light beverages that can help beat the heat. When it comes to choosing party drinks for your summer party, you want to offer options that are not only delicious but also hydrating. Here are a few drink ideas that will keep your guests cool and satisfied:
1. LuvJus Blood Orange, Pomegranate & Vodka Soda. This crisp and lightly sparkling ‘Craft-Pop’ is full of zesty blood orange and sweet pomegranate. With energising Korean ginseng, and a dash of vodka, it’s the perfect option for party drinks.
2. Sangria: A pitcher of chilled sangria is always a hit at summer parties. Combine red or white wine with fresh fruits like oranges, apples, and berries for a flavourful and colourful drink.
3. Frozen Daiquiri: Blend rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice together to create a slushy daiquiri that will keep your guests cool on hot summer days.
4. LuvJus Pineapple, Mint & Vodka Soda. This crisp and lightly sparkling ‘Craft-Pop’ is full of tropical, sunny flavours. With hints of floral jasmine, cooling mint and a dash of vodka, it’s the perfect option for party drinks. Serve either chilled out of the can or in a glass with ice and a garnish.
5. Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer: Mix fresh strawberry puree with lemonade and sparkling water for a fizzy and refreshing non-alcoholic option.
6. Cucumber Mint Cooler: Infuse water with cucumber slices and fresh mint leaves for a refreshing and hydrating drink that will quench your guests’ thirst.
7. LuvJus Raspberry, Cucumber, Mint & Gin Soda. Sweet raspberry, cooling cucumber, zingy lime and a dash of gin! She brings the taste of summer all-year-round. Fun fact, this drink is the only seltzer to win this rating from the prestigious 2023 by Guild of Fine Food
8. Iced Tea: Offer a variety of flavoured iced teas like peach, raspberry, or lemon for those who prefer non-alcoholic options.
9. Fruit Infused Water: Create a beautiful display of water infused with fruits like citrus slices, berries, and herbs. Not only is it visually appealing, but it also provides a healthy and refreshing option for your guests.
Remember to have plenty of ice on hand to keep the party drinks chilled throughout the party. You can also set up a DIY drink station where guests can customise their own beverages with different garnishes and mix-ins. With these summer drink ideas, your party is sure to be a hit!
What are some tips for serving party drinks at a dinner party?
Serving party drinks at a dinner party requires careful planning and attention to detail. Here are some tips to ensure that your guests have an enjoyable drinking experience:
1. Welcome Drinks: Start the evening off on the right foot by offering your guests a welcome drink as they arrive. This can be a simple glass of champagne or a signature cocktail that sets the tone for the evening.
2. Wine Pairings: If you’re serving a multi-course meal, consider pairing each course with a specific wine. Research different wine and food pairings to create a harmonious dining experience for your guests.
3. Water Service: Make sure to have water glasses filled and readily available throughout the meal. Offer both still and sparkling water options to cater to different preferences.
4. Cocktail Hour: If you’re hosting a cocktail hour before the dinner, offer a selection of classic cocktails or create a specialty cocktail that complements the theme of the evening.
5. Bar Cart or Drink Station: Set up a designated area where guests can help themselves to drinks throughout the evening. Stock it with an assortment of spirits, mixers, garnishes, and glassware.
6. Signature Cocktail Menu: Create a menu showcasing your signature cocktails for the evening. Include descriptions and ingredients so that guests can make informed choices.
7. Bartender or Drink Server: Consider hiring a professional bartender or drink server to ensure that the party drinks are prepared and served efficiently throughout the evening.
8. Non-Alcoholic Options: It’s important to provide non-alcoholic options for guests who don’t drink alcohol or prefer not to consume it during dinner. Offer mocktails, flavoured waters, or specialty non-alcoholic beverages. These are still party drinks.
9. Dessert Drinks: Pairing dessert with complementary drinks can elevate the dining experience. Offer options like dessert wines, ports, or after-dinner cocktails like espresso martinis or digestifs.
10. Coffee and Tea Service: End the meal on a cozy note by offering coffee and tea service along with dessert. Provide a selection of different teas and coffee options to cater to different tastes.
Remember, the key to serving party drinks at a dinner party is to be attentive to your guests’ needs and preferences. Ensure that everyone has a party drink in hand throughout the evening and that their glasses are never empty. By following these tips, you’ll create a memorable dining experience for your guests.
How do you host a cocktail party at home?
Hosting a cocktail party at home can be a fun and sophisticated way to entertain your friends. Here are some steps to help you plan and execute a successful cocktail party:
1. Guest List: Determine the number of guests you want to invite based on the size of your space and the atmosphere you want to create. Cocktail parties are usually more intimate gatherings.
2. Invitations: Send out invitations well in advance, either through traditional mail or electronically. Include all the necessary details such as date, time, dress code (if any), and any special instructions or requests.
3. Theme or Signature Cocktail: Consider having a theme for your cocktail party or creating a signature cocktail that reflects your personal style or matches the occasion.
4. Drink Menu: Plan your drink menu based on the theme or preferences of your guests. Offer a variety of cocktails with different spirits like vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, and tequila.
5. Glassware: Make sure you have enough glassware for all your guests. It’s best to have separate glasses for each type of cocktail (martini glasses, highball glasses, etc.)
6. Bar Setup: Set up a designated bar area where guests can easily access party drinks throughout the evening. Stock it with an assortment of spirits, mixers, garnishes, ice buckets, and bar tools.
7. Signature Garnishes: Consider having signature garnishes for your cocktails, such as flavoured sugars, edible flowers, or unique fruit slices.
8. Music and Ambiance: Create a playlist of music that matches the mood of your cocktail party. Set up ambient lighting and decorate the space with candles or fresh flowers to create an inviting atmosphere.
9. Finger Foods: Serve a selection of finger foods or small bites that pair well with cocktails. Offer a variety of options like cheese platters, charcuterie boards, canapés, and mini desserts.
10. Bartending Assistance: If you’re expecting a large number of guests or want to ensure that party drinks are prepared and served efficiently, consider hiring a professional bartender or enlisting the help of friends who have bartending experience.
Remember to enjoy yourself and mingle with your guests during the cocktail party. It’s also important to have non-alcoholic options available for guests who prefer not to drink alcohol. By following these steps, you’ll be able to host a memorable cocktail party that will leave your guests impressed.